A moment of silence

First and foremost let us take a moment to pray for and/or show respect for the lost life in Alabama.

Please forgive me for my sins Lord. Such a tragedy, I pray that hope, love, and joy saturates that region for years to come. Dear Father above, Papa, I ask that it be your will to turn this tragedy into an opportunity to perform miracles and glorify your holy name. You know father that there is no greater loss than the loss of the ones you love, and so I ask that the Holy Spirit comfort the citizens of Oklahoma, that the people in that tornado-ravaged land who have lost so much might find strength in the ones around them. I ask this on the authority granted us by the covenant bound through your son's sacrifice. Lord, please show mercy and grace. Amen.

Alright, thank you for entertaining this Christian's beliefs and showing respect for our fellow countrymen, women, and children. I am not really great at coping with loss or such suffering, so please do not think me insensitive for moving on in a more jovial tone. I just don't dance well in melancholy chords.

Okay, my fabulous fans, asinine adversaries and humble perusers let us talk about all the great things we have for you this week. Daddy has been busy. And by "Daddy" I mean like the father/creator of this game, plus I have two kids and maybe a surrogate kid here and there, but anywho I digress again. What I was talking about was the new content.

First, let me introduce the Elf. What good medieval fantasy game would forget to include elves? "..." What? You weren't really expecting me to answer that, were you? It was a rhetorical question silly-billies. Elves are probably one of the most widely known mythologies of human lore, and strangely their mythos does not come from one region alone. D&D versions of Elves have always been a personal favorite. Alas, I would not be allowed to just use their take on elves no more than I would be allowed to use the Blood Elves from World of Warcraft, that would be infringement.


There will be more than one type of elf and there is even a unique distant cousin to the elves in Aborlon known as Entel, but I have yet to remaster the artwork. There will be the standard sight, hearing and dexterity bonuses you would imagine, but we have added some stipulations as well. One of them is alignment restrictions whilst another is restrictions in metal use and wielding.

Next up is the Seraphim. This is my rendition of a Seraphim, which are also known as fallen angels. Finding historically accurate data on them has been difficult. Also, I am not sure if they are found in any lore outside of Judean scriptures. The premise that I approached this race with is those fallen angels are still angels, whereas Nephilim are abominations because they are the crossbreed of man and angels.


That is the approach anyhow, and it makes for some unique game dynamics because they can both fly. There are no other aerial races on Aborlon. There are more on Epimetheus, however, please keep in mind that our initial game release will be the Continent of Aborlon only.

Finally, I am pretty close to completing the Goblin. Still a little unsure where to go with this one but our Product Manager has researched the lore and what we have now worked. I am moving toward a hunter/warrior race with unmatchable tracking skills. This race is still pretty much open for development.


Nathan
Developer Producer

nathan.epimetheus@gmailcom


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring the Countryside

2024 with a BANG!!!

A Brief Overview