Reflections in the Storm

   There was a time when I believed in dreams. I had hope, this little glimmer of light that had miracoulsly survived every storm I had weathered in life. When the torrents of suffering dragged me down into the abyss I would look to that small flickering beacon and find my way back to the surface.

   Some people wish for a family with a nice house and a fence. Others might desire a career that allows them to leave their mark in the sands of time. Perhaps fame and fortune motivates their soul, wanting nothing less than the best things the world has to offer. Everyone has a driving force that moves them in life, the gales of intent that keeps them upright when they should be down. 

   These ideals that move us, that shelter us from the torrential downpour that is life, they make up a core of purpose. It is in this center, the eye of the storm if you will, that who we really are is revealed. There is no right or wrong when we strive for something, there is only our pure, unadulterated desire. It is our naked truth made beautiful by its simplicity.

   Society is nothing short of the loudest members of our collective dictating and delegating from an undeserved seat of self-righteousness. They sound their horns and spin their cacophony of prejudice. In turn the vast ocean of people get worked up into a turbulent froth, shedding their individuality for the safety of being a part of the crashing waves rather than the shore that suffers its wrath. So many exchange the risk of uniqueness for the comfort of conformity.

   After years of affliction from the lash of brutality, suffocation from the thunderous crackling, drowning in the opinions of mindless typhoons, I am naked. In my center I have found my certainty, my core desire. And its reflection has set me free.

   I want what has always been refused me, either from others or as a result of my own short-comings. Not wanted, nor desired, naught possessed nor owned, but accepted unabashedly. Not tolerated, scolded nor reformed. Free from judgement by the fearful, unrestrained by the bickering of the authoritarian sadists and unchained from the selfish expectations of my bloodline.

  They've beaten me but I am unbeaten. They have taken my innocence but my heart is still pure. They have sullied my name yet I have discovered myself. From the seat of truth has my authenticity been revealed. No longer do I dream, now the course is set. Come hell or high-water, I will settle for nothing less than the shores of my uncomplicated desire, to be loved. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Exploring the Countryside

2024 with a BANG!!!

A Brief Overview